Manson Northwest Webster School News
- Latest KUGR Broadcast Be sure to check out the two KUGR News we have done so far!
- Elementary Cougar News
- Mrs. Lynch and her sixth grade class has started a monthly newsletter called Cougar News. You can watch their first installment HERE.
- Live Streaming of Home Basketball Games
- To stream the game live on your computer: click HERE and download the appropriate software for your individual computer. This is an extremely small download. Once you have the software installed, ignore the login process and click "Join Meeting Now." Type the ID below to join the meeting.
- If viewing from a tablet or mobile device:install the GoToMeeting application and enter the appropriate ID.
The ID will be available 30 min before each home game.
- MNW Dance Team Competes at State
The MNW Dance Team had a fun, successful trip to DesMoines for Iowa State Drill Team Association state competition. They were awarded with the following honors:
Pom routine - Division One rating
Light routine - Division One rating and 3rd place in Class II lights
Blob routine - Division One rating and 1st place champions in Class I novelty
They also received the Distinguished Academic Award for being a school with an average GPA of 3.5 - 4.0, and the Small School Sportsmanship Award, which was awarded to only one school out of all the small schools that participated at the competition on Thursday.
The ISDTA competition is the largest state high school dance competition in the United States, with 270 teams competing, performing over 550 routines in a two day period.
- Students Create Anti Texting & Driving Presentation On Thursday, November 6th Ms. Gerke’s contemporary issues class at Manson Northwest Webster put on a student-led assembly to the 7th and 8th graders over texting and driving. Members of this class include Bri McGinty, Brenna Peters, Bailey Thoel, Faith Troshynski, Michelle Dolder, and Kourtney Condon. This project took the whole trimester to prepare, and this final presentation was the product. State Trooper Tracy Teague and Driver Education teacher Wade Wubben came to offer their suggestions to the Junior High Students last Thursday. Trooper Teague was able to share stories from his experience in law enforcement, and Mr. Wubben got the students involved in some activities. The upperclassmen that put on this presentation were able to get the 7th and 8th graders to sign and commit to a pledge that they will not text and drive in the future. They are trying to raise awareness throughout their school and the community. You can view the presentation HERE.
- Autumn Grill Recipes Mrs. Tague has released the recipes used for the Autumn Grill this Fall. They are available HERE.
- Bus Changes
We are doing our best to make sure your children are safe during pick-up and drop-off times at the bus stop. Please follow the flow of traffic on the diagram attached to this e-mail, using the east drive to enter and the west drive for exiting.
If you are dropping off/picking up without parking please use the north lane for that. If you are parking please use the middle two rows of parking and walk your children to the sidewalk. We are in the process of getting a crossing guard to help the kids cross the driveway over to the sidewalk in front of the weight room. Thanks for helping us keep the children safe.
Brenda Dobson, Transportation Director
See attached map HERE.
- Campus Portal
- MNW parents,
1. To access your child(s) grades you need to go to the www.mnwcougars.com page.
2. Click parents.
3. After clicking parents, click Campus Portal
4. Click the Help button located on the bottom right side of the screen
5. Then click - If you have been assigned a Campus Portal Activation Key, click here
6. Enter your parent GUID and the screen will prompt you to complete registration.
If you need help you can call the school and ask for Mr. Wood
- More Information About MNW Click Here